|Beasty auto attacks!|
Lulu, the Fae Sorceress
- Pix, Faerie Companion (Passive) - Pix fires magical bolts of energy whenever his owner attacks another enemy unit. These bolts are homing, but can be intercepted by other units.
- Glitterlance - Pix and Lulu each fire a bolt of magical energy that heavily slows all enemies it hits. An enemy can only be damaged by one bolt.
- Whimsy - If cast on an ally, grants them movement speed and ability power for a short time. If cast on an enemy, turns them into an adorable critter that can't attack or cast spells.
- Help, Pix! - If cast on an ally, commands Pix to jump to an ally and shield them. He then follows them and aids their attacks. If cast on an enemy, commands Pix to jump to an enemy and damage them. He then follows them and grants you vision of that enemy.
- Wild Growth (Ultimate) - Lulu enlarges an ally, knocking enemies away from them and granting them a large amount of bonus health. For the next few seconds, that ally gains an aura that slows nearby enemies.
|The speed boost is amazing for escape.|
Playing support up until now has always been an irk of mine. Why risk supporting someone who might fail, or can't successfully carry like you can? If your team cannot utilise and keep their support champion alive, it turns the game into a 4v5. However, I feel Lulu makes an exception to this rule. If you position yourself well and keep your team alive, she can very noticeably turn the tables. She can also defend herself well and you do not want to dive her.
Lulu brings a lot of utility to the team. She excels at the laning phase and can even handle mid. By using a combination of Pix auto-attacks and Glitterlance, you can deter the enemy and keep them at bay. Champions with lower starting health can be sent straight back in a couple of combos.
|Do not stand in the team fight!|
Whimsy is my favorite ability. Turning the enemy Tryndamere into a critter is not only amusing but also useful. It can also be used to speed up allies for a satisfying amount of time. The ability power bonus should not be ignored either.
The shield is nothing special but incredibly useful nonetheless. I rarely find myself using it as a back up nuke, but it does do a fair amount of damage and has gotten a few kills here and there. Help, Pix! has once gotten me a kill whilst attached to a friend.
Wild Growth is an amazing ultimate, and certainly something not to be trifled with. This ability is what makes Lulu terrifying and awesome. It can turn a gank into a well planned ambush, or a desperate escape into a manageable retreat.
|Her nuke isn't too great but slows.|
Despite the plethora of escape skills at your command, Lulu is not immortal. High burst or CC will make her splat. I've found building Aegis of the Legion early a great demotivator for would be divers. She also doesn't bring much damage to the team fights, so providing buffs is something you want to think about.
All in all, I truly hope Riot does not break Lulu if they nerf her. She makes playing support not a chore, but a privilege. She has great synergy with a lot of champions, especially those that can put out plenty of damage.
So if you're looking for a new support to play, consider the new Yordle to kick some ass.